Get Natural Neck Pain Treatment With Our Chiropractor At Health First Chiropractic Marysville
Neck pain is a common cause of disability, missed work, and decreased job satisfaction and quality of life. This is largely because so many factors can contribute to an acute or neck pain condition, including stress. At Health First Chiropractic, our chiropractor in Marysville, WA is committed to helping you.
Causes of Neck Pain
While women are statistically more likely to experience neck pain, this broad condition can happen to people of all ages and backgrounds. Neck pain is often caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Poor posture (for example, most of us bend our necks and head forward and slouch while we use phones or computers)
- Acute trauma, like an auto accident, slip, or fall
- Repetitive movement, especially at work or during sports (particularly if overhead)
- Sleep position and pillow type/quality
Anyone of these factors can lead to conditions such as:
- Degenerative disc disease: wearing down of discs in the cervical spine, which can be associated with bony spurs and vertebral joint inflammation (osteoarthritis)
- Cervical radiculopathy: compression of a nerve root in the neck, which can also cause arm and hand pain, numbness, and tingling
- Joint subluxation: facet joints or other joints the neck can become misaligned and may "lock," leading to pain and reduced range of motion
- Whiplash: a neck pain syndrome caused by forceful bending/extending of the neck; it often includes headaches, jaw pain, and shoulder soreness
Neck Pain Treatment From Our Chiropractor in Marysville—How It Helps
As a chiropractor in Marysville, Dr. Robert Clarke has met many individuals suffering from neck pain. His neck pain treatment is ideal for people looking to avoid drugs, surgery, and long-term complications, since research has shown chiropractic care can reduce the incidence of chronic neck pain, especially in people who have had auto accidents.
A few of our common services for neck pain include:
- Upper cervical care, featuring the Blair Upper Cervical Technique: this specialized approach helps restore mobility and stability with the first two bones in your spine, which can then help restore health to all the other joints and tissues "downstream" in the spine; adjustments also trigger natural pain relief
- Exercises can be taught to improve the stability and strength of your core for better posture and better neck support/alignment
- Lifestyle counseling can help you learn neck-healthy strategies for sleep, stress management, ergonomics, etc.
Looking For Neck Pain Treatment Near You? Contact Health First Chiropractic Marysville in Marysville, WA For Effective Care
If you'd like to work with the kind of experienced and compassionate chiropractor Marysville WA can offer, contact Health First Chiropractic at (360) 658-1987 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Clarke.